I am Assistant Professor at the TeCiP Institute of Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna (SSSA) in Pisa, Italy, doing research and development on interfaces and systems for humans in AR/VR and HRI employing approaches in computer vision and machine learning starting from a background in haptic interaction and human training in virtual environments.
I am leading the group Sensing Modeling and Learning for Humans at PERCRO laboratory.
Assistant Professor at SSSA (2007-)
Visiting researcher at Stanford University (2005-2006)
Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna (PhD 2003-2006)
Visiting scholar at UCL (2003)
University of Pisa (MS, Computer Engineering 1997-2002)
While the research listing is being updated please find below the visual listing of publications
- 6DOF haptic rendering based on volume data (haptics08).
- Co-Located haptic rendering for USG training based on implicit surfaces (embc15)
- Exoskeleton based virtual embodiment with avatars (eh2014_exos)
c rehabilitation device that generates forces using the wheels. The resulting systems allows to perform several types of rehabilitation devices. Additional research in the area of sensor-fusion
I am participating to research projects at European, National and Industrial level as Principal Investigator
- RAMCIP H2020 – robotics
- REMEDI FP7 – tele-presence and haptics for medical domain
- PELARS FP7 – multimodal learning analytics
Options for tentative Students
I am teaching mainly PhD level courses in the domains of Computer Vision and Virtual Environments with some additional lectures on Machine Learning and Tools.
Sensing, Modeling and Learning for Humans Group
- Lorenzo Peppoloni (Postdoc) – Human Analysis
- Lorenzo Landolfi (PhD) – Vision and Deep Learning
- Giacomo Dabisias (PhD) – Vision and Deep Learning
- Alessandro Graziano (PhD) – Robotics
- Giulia Bassani (PhD) – Wearable
- Filippo Brizzi (c/o PhD) – AR/VR
- Michele Tonuti (post grad) – Deep Learning
- Alessandro Cattaneo (master thesis) – Deep Learning
- Lorenzo Peppoloni – SSSA
- Alessandro Filippeschi – SSSA
- Alessandro di Fava – PAL Robotics
- Leonard Johard – Innopolis
- Vittorio Lippi – Freiburg University